Blue Cross Blue Shield Addiction Treatment Insurance

Exploring treatment centers and learning the addiction treatment process for the first time can quickly become stressful or overwhelming. If you feel like you are alone in the process of navigating treatment options alone, please know that help is available.

At Future Now Detox, we provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment services customized to meet your unique needs. Our clinical staff is available to answer any questions you may have regarding your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan and payment options.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Addiction Treatment Insurance

About Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance

Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance was originally founded and created in 1929, and has since become one of the largest insurance providers in the United States. As of this year, they are currently the health insurance provider for around 33% of the U.S. population. Blue Cross Blue Shield is a health insurance federation, which includes Blue Cross Blue Shield itself, as well as 35 sister insurance coverage companies. The entire federation is responsible for providing insurance to around 110 million people. 

They offer a variety of insurance provider options from dental insurance, vision insurance coverage, health insurance, as well as mental health care and addiction treatment services.

Knowing the Basics of Your Insurance Plan

Addiction treatment can be intimidating, but your insurance policy shouldn’t be. The first step to confidently navigating treatment is understanding your insurance options.

Important Insurance Terms


This is the amount of money you will have to pay out of your own pocket each year before insurance begins to cover. Usually, these reset yearly.


Your copay is often the set amount of money you will have to pay for a specific purpose. For example, you may have a $25 primary care copay, meaning you will pay $25 every time you go and visit your primary care doctor. 


This is the monthly cost of your insurance plan that you pay for. Generally, the higher the premium, the lower the deductible and out-of-pocket costs. 


Coinsurance is the percentage you’ll pay out of pocket compared to what your insurance provider will cover.

Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Plans

Depending on the state you live in and your employer, you likely have one of the following common BCBS insurance carrier plans to aid in drug and alcohol rehab costs. Here are the most common BCBS insurance benefits and the specifics of each. 

Types of Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Plans

BCBS Bronze Tier Plan

 This plan is the most inexpensive of all of the Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. You will pay a very low monthly premium, but will have a high deductible and higher out-of-pocket costs. 

With this plan, you will pay around 40% of all of your health costs while BCBS covers the remaining 60%.

BCBS Silver Tier Plan

The second plan up from Bronze is the Blue Cross Blue Shield silver plan. This plan offers slightly higher monthly premiums in exchange for a lower deductible. You may have some freedom to choose between in and out-of-network healthcare providers, and you may still need referrals. 

With this plan, you will pay around 30% of all associated healthcare costs while BCBS covers the remaining 70%. 

BCBS Gold Tier Plan 

This is the second highest offering from Blue Cross Blue Shield. This plan will have much higher premiums than the previous two, but will have a much lower deductible and patient responsibility. You will also have more freedom to choose your network of providers. 

With this plan, you will pay around 20% of all out-of-pocket healthcare costs, while BCBS pays the remaining 80% of associated costs. 

BCBS Platinum Tier Plan 

This is generally the highest plan that Blue Cross Blue Shield offers. You will have little to no deductible and in exchange will pay much higher monthly premiums. You will also likely have full control in selecting providers both in and out-of-network. 

With this plan, you will pay around 10% of any out-of-pocket costs, while BCBS will cover the remaining 90% of any healthcare or treatment center costs. 

Other BCBS Plan Options

Depending on the state you live in, you may also be eligible to participate or enroll in the BCBS “Catastrophic Plan.” This plan is for those who need very minimal healthcare coverage. You will pay a small monthly premium, but will have much higher out-of-pocket costs if you do need to seek treatment. 

ACA and Substance Abuse Treatment

Originally, insurance companies could charge additional premiums or deny coverage entirely if you had pre-existing or severe conditions. However, after the passing of the Affordable Care Act in 2014, insurance providers are no longer allowed to deny coverage or charge extra for pre-existing conditions.

Due to the extensive substance abuse and mental health services needed for addiction treatment, a health insurance provider is required to classify substance abuse as a pre-existing condition.

Addiction and Mental Health Services Through BCBS Insurance

Generally, Blue Cross Blue Shield drug rehab coverage or alcohol rehab coverage will include some combination of the following treatment options:

  • Detoxification services including medication assisted treatment and medication management
  • Residential treatment or inpatient treatment services
  • Transitional programs like partial hospitalization programs
  • Outpatient rehab or intensive outpatient program
  • Sober living and other continuing care options for post-discharge
  • Dual diagnosis treatment for mental illness or secondary mental health disorders in addition to substance abuse

However, you will need to check in with Blue Cross Blue Shield or your treatment provider regarding your specific insurance plan to see what is covered and available to you.

Drug or Alcohol Addiction Treatment With Future Now Detox

At Future Now Detox, we know that addiction treatment services are complex. Recovery is a lifetime pursuit, and we want to give you the best drug or alcohol addiction treatment services to begin that process. Drug and alcohol rehab at our treatment facility will give you the tools and resources you need to achieve long-lasting sobriety. We’re ready to help you today. Give us a call so we can show you what our services can do for you.

In Network With Most Insurance

We understand the importance of accessibility and affordability, which is why we have partnered with several insurance companies to better service you. We accept most major insurance providers and private health insurance. Our team is available 24/7 to assist you in navigating your insurance coverage. If you don’t have insurance, we are here to help you understand the options available for you or a loved one.

Take the first step toward recovering from addiction by calling Future Now Detox at (866) 419-3899, or verify your insurance by clicking the button below. 

More than just a place to get sober

We strongly believe in the work we do. We are committed to the health and well-being
of every soul we treat. We don’t just want to get you sober. We want to help you
recover in body, mind, and spirit, so you can awaken to a new life.

More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober

Your Recovery Starts here.

Contact Future Now Detox today!

Please fill out the form below to receive information about our treatment programs. Once the form is completed, one of our highly experienced admissions specialists will be in touch.
Have Questions?
Give Us a Call