Anthem Blue Cross: Drug Rehab Coverage

Health insurance can be confusing, especially in the initial stages of seeking substance abuse treatment. However, the fear of insurance coverage should never stop you from seeking the addiction treatment services you need for your alcohol or drug addiction, especially if you have Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage

At Future Now Detox, we work with you and any insurance providers to make sure that drug and alcohol rehab is available when you need it most. Our treatment center team is available to meet with you to review health insurance benefits and answer any drug and alcohol addiction questions you may have.

anthem blue cross drug rehab coverage

Background on Anthem Blue Cross Insurance

Anthem Incorporated, also known as Anthem Insurance or Anthem Blue Cross, was originally created in 2004. As of now, Anthem is the largest insurance provider in the network of Blue Cross Blue Shield, as it covers around 40 million Americans. This insurance provider association houses around 36 insurance companies. 

Depending on the state you are employed or receive benefits in, Anthem Blue Cross insurance may be available for your addiction treatment. Currently, Anthem insurance is available in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

The Basics of Your Insurance Plan

Addiction treatment can be intimidating, but your insurance policy shouldn’t be. The first step to confidently navigating treatment is understanding your insurance options. 

Important Insurance Terms to Know

Deductible: A specific amount you may be required to pay before your coverage goes into effect.

Copayment: Your copay is often the set amount of money you must pay for a specific treatment

Premium: This is the monthly cost of your insurance plan that you pay for. 

Coinsurance: This is usually the percentage you’ll pay out of pocket compared to what insurance will cover.

Anthem Blue Cross Insurance Plans

Depending on the level of plan you have, you may have various options for medical professionals, mental health services, substance abuse treatment, and behavioral health services. Below are the most common Anthem Blue Cross plans.

Types of Anthem Insurance Provider Plans

Anthem’s Bronze Plan

For those needing a cost-effective plan, Anthem’s bronze option is a frequently selected choice. While you will have the lowest monthly premium of the plans, you will likely have to pay much more out-of-pocket and have higher deductibles. 

With the bronze plan, once your deductible is met, Anthem pays around 60% of costs. This leaves you responsible for the remaining 40%. 

Anthem’s Silver Plan

This plan offers slightly higher monthly premiums with a smaller deductible and out-of-pocket cost. After your deductible has been met, Anthem will cover around 70% of costs. You will be responsible for the remaining 30% of the associated costs. 

Anthem’s Gold Plan

One of the most commonly held Anthem plans is the gold level plan. This plan will, however, have some of the highest premiums but will have better benefits for those that may need extensive care. Generally, after any deductibles are met, you will only be responsible for around 20% of the costs. Anthem will cover the remaining 80%.

Anthem’s Platinum Plan

While it is not available in all states, Anthem Blue Cross does offer a platinum-tiered plan for some users. This plan will be the most expensive of all plans but will have little to no deductible. With this plan, you are only responsible for around 10% of the costs. 

Other Anthem Offerings

Additionally, if you live in California, Indiana, Kentucky, Nevada, Virginia, or Wisconsin, you may be eligible for certain Medicaid coverage plans through Anthem Blue Cross.

ACA and Substance Abuse Treatment

Originally, insurance companies could charge additional premiums or deny coverage entirely if you had pre-existing or severe conditions. However, after the passing of the Affordable Care Act in 2014, insurance providers are no longer allowed to deny coverage or charge extra for pre-existing conditions.

Due to the extensive substance abuse and mental health services needed for addiction treatment, a health insurance provider is required to classify substance abuse as a pre-existing condition.

Addiction and Mental Health Services Through Insurance

Generally, Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage or alcohol rehab coverage will include some combination of the following treatment options:

Medication-Assisted Treatment and Medication Management

Medication-assisted treatment, or MAT, is one of the most effective and well-researched methods of overcoming a substance use disorder. It combines the use of targeted psychotherapeutic drugs and talk therapy to help those in recovery avoid drug and alcohol cravings, overcome lingering withdrawal symptoms, and build the skills for recovery.

Reaching sobriety is never easy — but MAT can make it much simpler. Targeted medications offer a bridge to recovery, treating many of the concerns that can lead to relapse. When paired with the skills training offered in talk therapy programs, this combination creates a powerful tool kit to help people get sober and maintain their sobriety.

Medication management can play a role in sustaining your new life in recovery as well. These services track your progress with medications, offer alternatives if a particular medication isn’t working for you, and connect you with a psychiatrist who can help you achieve your treatment goals. Medication management services not only help people who are overcoming substance use disorders but also support those in recovery from a wide range of mental health concerns.

Since both medication management and MAT have decades of evidence proving their effectiveness, they are typically included in Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage. Both of these treatment options are offered in our inpatient and outpatient treatment programs at Future Now Detox, ensuring you have all the tools necessary to build a lasting recovery.

Inpatient Treatment or Residential Rehab

Inpatient and residential treatment options offer the highest level of care for people struggling with substance use disorders. At these programs, clients live on-site at a treatment facility, receive intensive therapies nearly every day, and return to a community environment with peers who are also traveling the road to recovery after their treatments for that day are completed.

The key difference between inpatient treatment and residential rehab is the accommodations offered by the facility. Inpatient treatment is often delivered in a more hospital-like setting, with greater access to medical services throughout the treatment process. Residential rehab, on the other hand, offers a home-like environment for clients to relax and unwind after receiving treatments and therapies.

Either program offers a safe, restorative place for you to recover. During these programs, you can expect to receive evidence-based therapies such as:

Residential and inpatient programs can serve as incubators for a lifetime in recovery. They condense your treatment and therapies into a focused and brief period — typically lasting between 30 and 90 days. This focus allows our clients to learn how to stay sober while free from the temptations and risks of the outside world.

Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage typically includes staying at an inpatient or residential facility, as these programs have high success rates in the treatment of substance use disorders. However, your specific insurance plan may have limits on how long insurance will pay for treatment at this level of care. For example, your insurance may only cover 30 days of inpatient treatment before asking you to step to a lower level of care, such as outpatient treatment.

Outpatient Rehab or Intensive Outpatient Rehab

Outpatient programs offer many of the same services as inpatient treatment, but in a more relaxed format. Rather than living at the treatment facility, clients at an outpatient rehab continue living at home or in supportive recovery housing. They attend treatment at the facility during the day or in the evening.

This structure allows clients to put the skills they learn in treatment into practice in their own homes and communities while receiving essential support and guidance during early recovery. Outpatient programs also typically offer medication-assisted treatment and medication management services to support clients with the medications that help them in their paths to recovery.

Intensive outpatient programs and standard outpatient programs differ in the amount of time spent in treatment. An intensive outpatient program may have clients attending treatment as much as five days a week, while standard outpatient clients typically only attend treatment one to three times a week.

Outpatient treatment is inherently flexible; it allows our patients to continue working at their jobs, spending time with their families, and keeping up with their responsibilities while still receiving effective, evidence-based addiction care.

Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage will typically cover most of the costs for outpatient treatment — either as a step down from a higher level of care, such as an inpatient program, or as a first-line treatment for those with less severe substance use disorders.

Dual Diagnosis Treatment for Other Mental Health Disorders in Addition to Substance Abuse

Addiction and mental health conditions often go hand in hand. Some people will turn to substance misuse as a way of coping with underlying mental health symptoms, while others will develop a mental health disorder as a consequence of their substance use. Some of the most common mental health diagnoses among people with substance use disorders include:

  • Depression

  • Anxiety

  • Post-traumatic stress disorder

  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder

Left untreated, these mental health challenges make it significantly more likely that a person relapses after addiction treatment. Further, these co-occurring disorders can significantly worsen a person’s overall quality of life, causing immense distress. But with a dual diagnosis program, you can receive the best addiction treatment and mental health services simultaneously.

Dual-diagnosis treatment is available at all levels of care: inpatient, residential, and outpatient treatment programs. Clients in a dual-diagnosis program will receive targeted mental health interventions, meet regularly with a psychiatrist, and attend integrated mental health and addiction support groups and therapy sessions. Together, these treatments can alleviate many of the symptoms of mental illness and help people overcome their struggles with substance misuse.

Dual-diagnosis programs are considered to be the gold standard of care for people with co-occurring disorders. As such, Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage will typically include dual-diagnosis treatment, ensuring that you have access to all the tools you need to create a lasting and worthwhile life in recovery for yourself when you reach out to our team to begin treatment.

Get Treatment Today at Future Now Detox

At Future Now Detox, we work to make addiction treatment accessible regardless of your mental health or substance use disorder history. We are here to help you recover from drug or alcohol abuse in a way that best fits you so we can walk you through our and help you achieve long-lasting recovery.

In Network With Most Insurance

We understand the importance of accessibility and affordability, which is why we have partnered with several insurance companies to better service you. We accept most major insurance providers and private health insurance. Our team is available 24/7 to assist you in navigating your insurance coverage. If you don’t have insurance, we are here to help you understand the options available for you or a loved one.

Take the first step toward recovering from addiction by calling Future Now Detox at (866) 419-3899, or verify your insurance by clicking the button below. 

More than just a place to get sober

We strongly believe in the work we do. We are committed to the health and well-being
of every soul we treat. We don’t just want to get you sober. We want to help you
recover in body, mind, and spirit, so you can awaken to a new life.

More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober
More Than Just A Place To Get Sober

Your Recovery Starts here.

Contact Future Now Detox today!

Please fill out the form below to receive information about our treatment programs. Once the form is completed, one of our highly experienced admissions specialists will be in touch.
Have Questions?
Give Us a Call